Luxe Hexpeak 2p and Thous winds fast folding stove.

Luxe Hexpeak 2p and Thous winds fast folding stove.


I have recently purchased a Luxe Hexpeak 2p trekking pole tent.

The company are German, but also have an outlet in the USA where you can order this tent with a stove jack fitted.

As you can see in the photo above, you use a trekking or ski pole as the centre pole in the tent.

The tent weighs 867 grams

I have also purchased a titanium folding stove made by Thous winds which weighs 1600 grams.

This includes the 2,3 metre flue.

The stove folds flat and the flue can be rolled small and everything fits into a laptop bag.

The stove uses surprisingly little wood and although the outside temperature was – 6 it was +23 in the tent.

The temperature today has been above freezing so I was out ice fishing.

There was water under the snow so I couldn’t set up the tent and when I drilled my first hole, a bolt broke and the lower part of my ice drill came off and dissappeared to the bottom of the lake.

I had lunch on the ice

And caught one Arctic Char.





via Laplander's Natural Lore Blog at https://ift.tt/3026ELL

Post a Comment

0 Comments